FACULTY OF «ART STUDIES» IN THE FRAMEWORK OF THE SCIENCE WEEK ORGANIZED AN ONLINE ROUND TABLE
On April 15, 2021, the Council of Young Scientists of the Faculty of «Art Studies» and the scientific and editorial department held an online round table on the topic «The paradigm of the development of art history of Independent Kazakhstan» as part of the Science Week.
The main purpose of the round table is to stimulate the creative activity of young scientists and students, to improve the quality of research work in the field of art history. The event was actively attended by the teaching staff, doctoral students, undergraduates and students of the department «History and Theory of Cinema», «History and Theory of Theater Art», “History and Theory of Fine Art». The round table was also attended by students of the specialty «Film Studies» of the Kazakh National University of Arts (Nur-Sultan).
The Round Table was moderated by film critic, PhD, Associate Professor B. B. Nogerbek.
Vice-Rector for Scientific Work of KazNAI named after T.K. Zhurgenov, Doctor of Philosophy, Professor K.Z. Halykov made a welcoming speech: «Dear teachers, young scientists, students of our academy. The annual Science Week is held from April 12 to 16. The topic of the round table that you are going to hold today is very relevant and large-scale. Kazakhstan’s science occupies a special place in the global research space. This is a huge indicator that we are ranked 25th in the world, publishing extensive articles on international scientific citation databases. Of course, we know that this is the result of the demands put forward by our Ministry of Education and Science. Today, we must pay great attention to the paradigm of the development of art history in independent Kazakhstan, its criteria, and development trends. Based on the principles that make up the scientific paradigm, methods and methods of studying the art history of other states, it is necessary to increase the development of art history in the country. Numerous monographs, master’s theses, doctoral theses, and scientific articles of the faculty are written in this direction. I wish you a successful online round table today. I wish you great success in your work in science!».
Deccan of the Faculty of Art History, Candidate of Art History, theater critic M.B. Zhaksylykova: «Dear participants of the round table, welcome! I am glad that we are having such a wonderful meeting today. We must now understand in what area, in what direction the science of art history works. I would like to hear your opinions on how we will develop in the future. We wish all participants good luck!».
At the online round table, the speakers shared their thoughts on these topics:
1. Nasiphan Myrzabek, 2nd year master’s student of the specialization «Film Drama» – «The embodiment of the patriotic idea in modern Kazakh historical films»;
2. Ulzhan Kurmanbay, 1st year master’s student of the specialization «Theater Studies» – «New paradigms of studying the Kazakh theater art»;
3. Karabalaeva Balnur, PhD student of the 3rd year of specialization «Art Studies» – «Archetypization of mythological consciousness in modern Kazakh painting»;
4. Abdykasymov Bauyrzhan, 1st year master’s student of the specialization «Film Studies» – «Development of the Kazakh film science»;
5. Aben Gulmira, 1st year master’s student of the specialty «Film Studies», (Kazakh National University of Arts, Nur-Sultan) – «Connection of the development of cinema art with film technology (based on analog and digital cinema)».
At the end of the round table, the faculty teachers summed up the results and expressed great gratitude to the speakers.