- The board of trustees of the state institution «Kazakh National Academy Named After T. K. Zhurgenova» (further – board of trustees) is a collegial governing body, which is created with a purpose to foster development of the state institution «Kazakh National Academy of Arts Named after T. K. Zhurgenova (next – academy).
- The board of trustees relies on the constitution of the Republic of Kazakhstan, on the law «about education», and on other regulations, as well as on a current position.
3. The Academy’s council of science approves status of the board of trustees.
4. Decisions of the board of trustees are recommendatory
5. The board of trustees is committed to its work based on the principles of collegiality and equality.
Tasks of the Board of Trustees
- The main tasks of the board of trustees are:
• To assist the development of the Academy, cultural, educational, comprehensive in the Republic of Kazakhstan and abroad;
• To design strategy of development of the Academy, propositions, programs, projects that foster development, assistance to its realization;
• Raising additional funds to realize priority programs and projects of Academy’s development, improvement of material and technical base
• Cost and benefit analysis of finance spending, including charity and donations, and analysis of the use of Academy’s property. Then, drawing outcomes based on these findings.
• Development of proposals regarding research and innovation activities of the Academy; use of modern information technologies
• Promote cooperation of the Academy with foreign and international organizations, including assistance in organizing and conducting conferences, seminars, and other meetings (promote cooperation of art, culture, and science activists in different countries).
• Assist to creative growth of the young talents, support of innovative ideas
• Provision of methodical and organizational assistance in professional training (retraining) of the Academy’s employees
- Assistance to printing and publishing of the Academy
Management of the Boar of Trustees
7.The supreme governing body of the Board of Trustees is the General meeting of the members of the Board of Trustees. This is meeting is conducted when its necessary, but no less than once a year. The first meeting of the board of trustees should be convened by the Academy’s rector
General assembly has the following tasks:
• Find and confirm the number of members in the Board of Trustees, elect the board and chairman of the Board of Trustees
• Find the main activity directions of the Board of Trustees;
• Confirm the reports on the work of the board, confirm the reports on the effectiveness of a chairman, and the use of allocated funds and also the use of allocated funds =
- The executive body, which manages the Board of Trustees during the period of meetings, is the board that is elected by the general assembly of the members of the board of trustees
Develops, confirms, and organizes execution of plans and programs of the board of trustees, promotes execution of decisions of the general assembly.
The head of the board of trustees is the chairman of the board.
• Organizes the work of the board of trustees, chairs its meetings;
• Annually provides the records on the work of the Board of Trustees
• Creates agenda for the meetings of the board of trustees;
• Signs protocols and other documents of the board of trustees
- Represents the board of trustees when it comes to the relations with the government, other organizations, associations, legal entities and individuals that are related to the board of trustees;
• Controls decision making and orders of the board of trustees
• Provides storage for documentation that related to the work of the board of trustees;
• Places responsibility for chairman’s duties on the deputy chairman of the board of trustees, when a chairman is temporary unavailable;
• Has other rights and carries responsibility according to current position.
Rights and Obligation of the Board of Trustees
- The Board of Trustees in order to complete its tasks has the following rights:
• Participate in science, legal, financial material and technical provision of projects and programs of Academy’s development;
• Send proposals, propositions and other requests about how to increase effectiveness of the Academy’s work to the government departments and other organs of power;
• Serve as the Academy’s trustee in other organizations.
• Create working groups and commissions to study questions related to competency of the board of trustees and provide recommendations based on the outcomes drawn from their work
• Attract scientists and specialists to carry out required work, according to established order, as well as on a contractual base.
Structure of the board of trustees, order, and conditions of work
- The board of trustees is based upon principle of volunteer participation, including a chairman, two deputies, and other members of the board of trustees.
- The board of trustees consists of the government officials, business, organization, and commercial structures officials. It also includes leading scientists, leading art and culture activists. The academic council of the academy approves the structure of the board of trustees.
- Rector is a member of the board of trustees.
- Members of the board of trustees carry out their duty voluntarily.
- Members of the board of trustees are not able to transfer their authority to other individuals, including other members of the board of trustees. If a member of the board of trustees is missing, he is able to share convey his opinion on the issues discussed in the form of writing.
- Member of the board of trustees is able to withdraw from the board as long as he notifies in writing the chairman of the board.
- Authority of the member of the board of trustees can be ceased upon rector’s request in case, if a member of the board trustees is avoiding participation or evading the orders of the board of trustees. Also, a member of the board of trustees can be excluded from the board if he commits acts that are not consistent with the board’s position.
- On the first meeting of the board of trustees, the members of the board elect a chairman and two deputies through plurality voting. T
- The chairman of the board sets agenda of each meeting. If a chairman is absent, his deputies set agenda for him.
- The work of the board of trustees is made according to a plan, based upon the proposals made by its members, rectors, and prorectors. This plan is confirmed on the meeting of the board of trustees.
- The meeting of the board of trustees is recognized, if there are at least one half of members present. The decisions are made by the plurality voting of the members who are present. If some of these members are absent, but they wish to vote, they can provide their opinion in the form of writing. When it comes to decisions making and a few decisions have equal number of votes, the chairman’s vote determines which decision is taken. In special cases, a decision can be accepted if it has received two thirds of total votes of the board of trustees.
- Decisions of the board of trustees are corroborated by protocols, which are signed by a chairman or his deputies or secretariat, which is leading the meeting. In case of disagreement on decision that are being taken, a member of the board of trustees can state their opinion in writing form, and this form is attached to the protocols of the board.
- During meetings of the board of trustees, a chairman can invite representative officials of a government, other state institutions, local governing bodies, public associations, and also representatives of legal entities and individuals.
- The academy provides organizational support for the board of trustees. The academy allocates space to conduct meetings and to store documentation. The academy allocates funds that cover all the expenses of the board of trustees.
- The board of trustees has its own bank.
- The work of the board of trustees can be suspended upon request of the general meeting.
After the board of trustees is dissolved, all documentation, which is collected during its existence, is transferred to the Academy.