On November 11, 2021, professor of Chair “History and Theory of Fine Arts” of T.K.Zhurgenov Kazakh National Academy of Arts, PhD in history, associate professor, museum expert, member of ICOM Madina Musakhanova made a speech on “BOOK HERITAGE IN THE MUSEUM COLLECTION OF KAZAKHSTAN REPUBLIC”.
The International Scientific and Practical Conference “Preservation of Library Collections: Science and Practice”, organized by the Federal Centre for Conservation of Library Collections of the Russian National Library, St. Petersburg.
The plenary sessions and specialised sections of the conference dealt with the following issues:
– General problems of preservation of book cultural monuments and methods of preventing their damage;
– Modern trends in the theory and practice of restoration of cultural heritage objects;
– Scientific research into conservation of library, archive and museum collections
– Development and implementation of innovative technologies in the field of conservation and preservation of cultural monuments;
– ethical and economic aspects of book cultural heritage preservation.
Scientists, restoration artists from Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Armenia, Belarus, Ukraine, Moldova, Russia and other countries took an active part in the conference.