«HISTORY AND THEORY OF FINE ARTS»DEPARTMENT
In 1995, “History and Theory of Fine Arts” department was opened, at Kazakh State Art Academy under the leadership of Vice-Rector for Research – Ph.D., Professor K. Murataev.
New Department of Art and new specialty was opened by candidate of philosophical sciences, associate professor A. Galimzhanova, who was the Head of the department from 1996 to 2000, and senior teaching staff: senior lecturer S. Shklyaeva, senior lecturer S. Nesypbaeva, Ph.D., associate professor, member of the Union of artists and the Union of journalists of Kazakhstan K. Bolatbaev have invested their efforts to build up this department.
In 2000, the new name of the department “Fine Arts” – reflected its role as the main theoretical framework of the Academy in the sphere of art criticism. Doctor of Arts, Associate Professor B. Kundakbaev was the – head of the department during the year.
- In 2002, at the Department was formed Faculty “Art Criticism”, dean was Candidate of pedagogical sciences, professor, member of the Union of Artists and the Union of Journalists of Kazakhstan K.K. Bolatbaev.
- O.V. Baturina was the Head of the department ” History and theory of the fine arts” during 2003 – 2007.
- In 2007-2009, Associate Professor, Ph.D., A.K.Yusupova – head of the department.
- From October 2009 to January 2010, Senior Lecturer, Master of Art Criticism G.B.Kosanova – functioned as a head of the department.
- Since February 2010 to September 2011, Doctor of Art Criticism, Professor A.S.Galimzhanova – head of the department.
- From 2011, associated professor of the T.Zhurgenov KazNAA Orazkulova Kaldykul Serikbaevna – head of the department.
Faculty organizes common conducting master classes, creative meetings with prominent artists, close and far -abroad and Kazakhstan. Teachers and students of the department take part at all Modern Art Criticism events. Contacts have been established and maintained cooperation with the A.Kasteev State Museum. The department has the most powerful pedagogical and creative capabilities. The department consists of – 2 professors, 5 associate professors (including 3 associate professors of Art Criticism, 1 associate professor of the philosophy sciences, 1 associate professor of historical sciences), 3 Master of Art Criticism and 1 Doctoral.
Department “History and Theory of Fine Arts” – is not only educational, but also a research center. Teaching staff of the department is constantly engaged in research and methodological work on the study and implementation of the educational process in the newest discoveries in the field of arts.