May 31, 2023 Professor Madina Mussakhanova, Professor, Department of History and Theory of Fine Art, candidate of historical sciences, associate professor, museum expert, member of ICOM, took part in the X International Scientific Conference “Preservation and research of documents in libraries, archives and museums“, organized by the Federal Centre for Conservation of Library Collections of the Russian National Library (Saint-Petersburg).
The purpose of the International Research-to-Practice Conference is to discuss the issues in the field of preservation and conservation of documents on different media, exchange experiences in practical and scientific activities on the following topics:
- – Restoration of Cultural Heritage: Theory and Practice;
- – Materials and natural science research in the field of document conservation;
- – Problems and prospects of document preservation in libraries, archives and museums;
- – Innovative technologies in conservation of objects of cultural heritage;
- – Training of specialists in the field of conservation of documents;
- – Standardization in preservation of objects of cultural heritage;
- – Exposition of documents: problems and solutions.
Professor M. Mussakhanova made a presentation on “Peculiarities of document restoration”.